Sunday, June 11, 2017

I am happy when… (Short Story)



It was drizzling outside. The raindrops formed on my glass window. The rain turned patchy roads into muddy ones & pale yellow trees into green & happy ones. As soon as the rain started, children ran outside to play. Soon drizzling stopped & heavy rains started. There was no sight of crows & sparrows. Perhaps they took shelter in one of the corners of abandoned houses or broken trees. Who knows? The rains literally drenched everyone but quenched everyone’s thirst when all were bearing the scorching sun all summer. Weren’t we? 
 
I am happy to see when the rains arrived after a long wait. The sight of screaming children in excitement; the pale trees getting revived again; & almost every creature wouldn’t have been so much happy to welcome the rains. 



The rains make me happy. I am happy when my usual cold coffee is replaced with hot, steaming tea with onion pakoras. I am happy when I can make an excuse to go outside & enjoy getting wet in the rain & complain how the rain poured all its water on me. I am happy that I can see the refreshing view of the buzzing city from my balcony. 
It makes me happy how the rains change everything. The coolness of the rains wins over the heat of the sun. The cool breeze, the pattering of the rains; makes the rain welcoming. The climate quickly changes allowing me to feel the coolness of the rains and warmth of the thick blanket. I suddenly want to wrap a blanket around myself making me tingle. The rains really surprise me in many ways. 

At first, I want to please my eyes with the soothing feeling of the rains and the very next moment I want to embrace the warmth by ordering a hot cup of tea. Rains make up my mind & allow me to settle my mood for good.
The Mumbai rain has a special charm that makes me happy even when the roads are muddy or the transport is slow-paced. I am happy when the rains make me take it slow when I am walking on the roads or sipping the coffee. The rain slows down everything - the pace of life as if allowing you to cherish every moment, every happy moment. 
I am happy when the rains tell me to take it slow, one at a time! 


Thud… 
And especially when I stumble and fall down & that make me laugh on myself! 



‘This post is a part of Write Over theWeekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’
 
 
blogadda.jpg
This post has been voted as a WOW post by Blogadda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *