Sunday, July 10, 2016

Catching up on children’s growth

happy-children.jpg
Catching up on children's growth 

One day I brought my nieces in the garden. The view at the garden was quite pleasant. Recent rains made the grass greener and the ground was muddy. The greener sight infused positive thoughts in me. I saw tiny joys of bundles were running here and there. They giggled, they ran and they played to their hearts’ content. The innocence was flowing abundantly and I loved every moment of it. I was witnessing the sheer innocence and joy.

On the other hand, my mind had the other view where the city’s mall was overcrowded. The children were dressed in their best outfits. Some children were holding the popcorn baskets while some children were asking their parents to buy toys or dresses. They were stubborn and when their wishes were not fulfilled by their parents they were cranky.

In both scenarios, the environment brought a huge difference in their attitude. I felt the materialistic things influenced them. These things made me ponder whether today’s children have missed on their real growth.

A single factor cannot be blamed for their missed growth but at the same time, the environmental factors cannot be denied. We all know our mothers always tried their best to give us best of both worlds. However, the time is changing and we all know we need something common yet extraordinary for our upcoming generation.

Today when I see my 5, 7 and 9-year-old nieces growing up I feel they need more than what we had in our childhood. Looking back my grandparents, my great-grandparents had healthy lives. It’s because at that time they ate healthy food, they lived very simple life and were always contented. Pollution wasn’t a problem and the technology wasn’t greedy in nature. The life was at a slow pace and people were happy.

Today the time escapes real quickly. We want everything ready-made and fast. Competition is the modern demon in our life. If you skip even few seconds, the other one gets the chance. The competition can be seen everywhere from the boardroom to a classroom and from adults to children. Thus, it worries me when children in their delicate age miss their physical and mental growth. I can’t even imagine the kind of competition they face in the school. Be it taking participation in the extra-curricular activities or attending PT classes in school, their physical and mental growth matters.

Remember that embarrassing moment when the teachers always keep heighted kids in front and rest are in a back row? Or those smart kids who grasp everything fast and steal all the praises? These small things really hamper on children’s mental and physical growth. Children with short height get bullied and teased by their classmates. If this is not enough, children with low grades neither praised by the teachers nor by their parents.

smiling-children.jpg
Parents should instil healthy habits in children

I feel it’s very important that children should have a healthy growth and not just growth. In my opinion, it doesn’t matter how hard the competition is or who becomes the winner. For me, children should be raised with a healthy attitude that assures their mental and physical well-being. Pampering the children with healthy habits is the surefire way that guarantees your child’s best future. Don't you agree? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *