Saturday, May 7, 2016

Being Yummy Mummy - Celebrating Motherhood



The day ‘Anika’ was born our joy was limitless. After the birth of Anika at our home our relations changed. To her parents became mom and dad while we became aunties. My mother and father became grandparents and all other relations were redefined once again. What a joy of bundle she was!

When I look back exactly the period of 9 months that my sister gave us news about the pregnancy we were all joyous and happy. After all, it was the first pregnancy and child that was going to expand our family. Throughout all that period I saw my sister running here and there without any fear, ensuring daily errands were performed properly while she ate for her unborn child. We wanted the best for her. During our frequent trips to her village where she lived with her in-laws, we showered her with lots of gifts. My mother, elder sister and even my aunties gave her valuable advices and instructed how to take care of herself while her baby is inside.

I still remember when my other sister told me that see how your sister will go through the physical as well as mental changes during that period. And she wasn’t wrong. My eldest married sister had a short hair but during the pregnancy her hair started growing. She put some weight on and again she went through many changes throughout the period. Her happiness had no limits. She was happy as she was soon going to become a mother, her new relation was hugging her body and she was ready to accept that. My sister was quite fearless and she never carried her pregnancy delicately. In fact, she continued doing household work until she came to our house. After all, she knew our mother would do her best to ensure smooth pregnancy and after the birth of new born.

baby.jpg

My mother forced her to eat well, rest well and she ensured that my sister was sleeping in a right position. Fun part was that my mother was a bundle of nerves when handling her own daughter’s pregnancy even though she had given birth to us. As soon as the baby shower performed and the delivery date was coming nearby and we couldn’t wait to welcome the baby.

We were all thrilled and excited as we were soon going to become aunties. Until now I was the youngest member in my family but soon my place was going to replace with my beautiful niece.

And the labour pains started!

My sister was hospitalized and you know what she had a smoothest delivery since she was very active during her pregnancy period. She dropped all her inhibitions and all she wanted the best for her baby.



When tiny bundle of joy was wrapped around the cotton sheet and quickly placed in my mother’s arms, my mother transformed into grandmother. That moment was celebratory and we wanted to recall and capture again and again.  

Really, motherhood is a blessing that transforms the time and relations and a woman’s world revolves. Embrace the motherhood as it comes on your way and don’t worry whether you’ll have a baby girl or a baby boy. Enjoy the experience of soon-be mother and drop your fears, inhibitions and take it as it comes!



"I’m writing about my wonderful journey of pregnancy for the #YummyMummy blogging activity at BlogAdda in association with Marico Bio Oil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *