Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mad Monday to Monster Monday - “Chronicles of Monday”

Dear Monday,

Tomorrow you’re going to arrive, knocking me off badly and telling me to get up from my sweet sleep. I wonder many times why do you like to torture me like anything and it reminds me that you’re not only manic Monday but you’re also a Monster Monday. 

Yesterday that means Saturday I woke up late, had a shower and got ready in my best clothes. I spent Spicy Saturday with my friends, played with my nieces and had a sumptuous meal with my family. Additionally, Saturday night was amazing. We gate crashed in one of the clubs, hit to the dance floor and spent few more hours counting the stars in the sky. Around 1am I went to the bed and slept like an angel. 

Me on Saturday Night

Then I woke up this morning dreading the fear that half Sunday is already past. This afternoon I glanced through some of the office files but quickly kept them aside and thought that it’s my Sunday. No matter what, I wanted to spend quality time with myself. When I looked myself in the mirror I saw my eyebrows were twisted and two pimples formed on my forehead. It actually scared me by looking at my own reflection. It’s because it made me realize that I spend more than 12 hours in the office everyday and I give myself hardly any personal attention.

Of course, Saturday was all fun! But what about my personal life that some time ago I promised myself that I will give more time and will look after myself?
Do you understand Monday what I am trying to tell you? I am talking about the deadlines; I am talking about the efforts and dedication I put to serve best on Monday; and I am talking about the promises that I made to myself that it’s not always about the work but ‘me, myself’ as well.

monday-morning-gif
Me on Monday Morning

Monday morning I don’t feel like waking up from the bed but I still drag myself. I brush my teeth, take quick shower and I don’t take much time on what to wear. I forcefully prepare myself mentally and physically. Unfortunately, every Sunday night I force to sleep but my eyes become heavy only after 1 or 2 am in the night. I keep fighting whether who is taking revenge. Whether it’s Saturday when I rest more than usual and party late night or its Sunday that reminds me the Monday is nearby or it’s you Mad Monday who soaks my energy.

Sometimes I wish Monday you should be generous enough to let me work in a peaceful manner. I guess by this time you must have understood my pain and my struggle. But again it doesn’t bother you, does it?

While I was typing this personal letter to Monday, Stephaney called me in the cabin. I wasn’t even finished cribbing with Monday but I had to leave my desk. I sighed and I spoke to myself ‘Monster Monday’

monday-meme
Monster Monday

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’



blogadda.jpg
This Post has been Wow post by BlogAdda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *