Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What is brand loyalty and why social media is fickle?

I woke up in the morning and brushed my teeth with Colgate toothpaste, after bath I made one cup of coffee and two toasted bread slices. I used Amul butter for my bread slices.
colgate.jpg
Image Courtesy - Colgate.co.in



It was a relaxing weekend. After flipping through some pages I wanted to check today’s date. I turned my back and looked at the Kalnirnaya calendar that was hanging on the wall.  


Did you realize how many brand names I mentioned in my daily routine? Are they all on social media or were they? 

What is brand loyalty?

The day I was born my family members introduced me to use these products and I have been using since my birth on this planet. I have been brushing my teeth with Colgate, using Amul butter, and have been using Kalnirnaya calendar. (You can call me conservative). These are well-known brands and highly consumed by millions of people in India. I don’t think whether they are on social media or not but my morning start with these brands. They have earned the loyalty of millions many, many years ago and they are well-established their identity. Still today their hold on us is very tight and habitual. No matter how many brands have come and gone, but these brands have stood firmly in the competition.

These brands have been in the market even before the revolution of social media and will be. This is called brand loyalty where these brands don’t require social media accounts, number of followers as they have real users.

There has been a time when the brands have been revamped, the packaging has changed from time to time but these below brands have left a long-lasting effect on their consumers. No matter what whether their packaging change, marketing strategies are redirected, or social media accounts have been set up I can guarantee you that you’ll never leave these brands. Hence, the loyalty is counted for sure.

amul milk.jpg
Image Courtesy - Google search 

Some local, generic and popular brands:

Amul 

Cadbury
Colgate
Kalnirnaya
Britannia
Lifebuoy
LIC
Lux




Why social media is fickle?


Is Social Media loyal?


Social media has been the number game. These days, people have been very obsessive about the number of followers, the likes and the shares they have on their social media platforms. Likes for likes this is what they expect from people or followers. If you follow the account of someone you’re expected to follow them back. If you don’t follow them, just see the number of followers decreasing from your account. Social media is very fickle in nature though I do participate in number game. But yes social media is a frustrating one.

Again the brands like these can pass the test and can stand firmly no matter how many social media platforms come.

To make my point clear, read this below article that one mommy blogger quit blogging when she realized all that fake number game and real emotions behind the number game.

"Mommy blogger calls 'b-------' on the 'fake nonsense' of the mommy blogging industry in an epic rant"


My advice is not to take social media seriously but enjoy the trend as it come and go. Be loyal to yourself and to your brands and just don't be obsessive about anything. Have simple life not a complicated one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *